1. I’ve been to 21 countries.
2. My goal is to go to 30 countries by my 30th birthday.
3. I can tell peoples age and maturity level by the reference they make when they learn my name. Usually movies or TV Shows…the common ones are The Little Mermaid, Friends, and Super Troopers. Older men say the first Bond’s girl. There is one reference no one has ever made…
4. I am obsessed with the smell of lemon scented cleaning products, especially dishwasher soap.
5. I’d like to go to all 50 states, I’ve got 13 down.
6. Nothing about skydiving scares me. I’ve done it twice & thought nothing of it. On the other hand, the thought of being trapped under a blanket, or going through long tunnels petrifies me. I think I’m claustrophobic, and crazy.
7. I got my first tattoo in Phuket, Thailand.
8. People often debate this with me, but I strongly believe that you can only be in love once. I mean true love. Once in your life. I don’t believe you can fall out of love. If you’ve been in and out of love 4 or 5 times at any age, it’s not the real thing. True love is eternal, and it transcends everything.
9. I was a vegetarian for 7 years!
10. I eat more than anyone I know. ANYONE.
11. I’m Spanish, Italian, German and Mexican. Born and raised in Mexico, California lover. Also, I’m certain I was Thai in a previous life.
12. 4 years ago I quit a fabulous corporate job in the heart of San Francisco, leaving my downtown loft apartment to resist being a 9-5er and explore the world. This was the best decision I made in my adult life. I backpacked the world for 8 months. The things I saw and experienced changed me forever and led me to where I am now, in a job that is nothing like the corporate life I was trying to escape.
13. I met my best friend on the first day of middle school in our P.E. class…every country song reminds me of her, and the year we lived together was one of the best years of my life. She is certain she was Vietnamese in a previous life… We’ve probably been hanging out together for lifetimes 🙂
14. My Mother is the healthiest and most well read person I know. My health appreciation and my very first book came from her. Probably all of my good habits are due to her. She’s my biggest supporter, my very first friend.
15. My brother has told me that I am one of his mentors, even though he is older. Not sure if he knows he is one of mine. We’re so different in so many ways, which is why I think we complement each other. Seeing him become a dad is one of the most amazing things I’ve gotten to see.
16. I am an SF Giants fan.
17. Spanish television makes me feel at home.
18. On the very day I finished my trip around the world I met a Salvadorian and half Mexican half Japanese girl, I don’t think we had any idea all the crazy things the 3 of us would do together. Still two of my closest friends to this day.
19. I want to go to a place where people act like they do in all those Southern movies like Steel Magnolias or Fried Green Tomatoes! (minus the marital abuse)
20. I daydream about traveling so much that I forget places I’ve seen and things I’ve done are real. I look at pictures to remind myself.
21. I love the rain. The sound and smell of rain makes reminds me of places I have been to.
22. The beach is my favorite place.
23. Running is my escape.
24. I listen to books on tape on long drives.
25. I try to meditate every day.
26. I’m anxious. I hate this about myself.
27. I write, a lot. I’d like to read something I’ve been written at an open mic night.
28. I love my family and friends, close and far, beautiful memories flood my mind of our time spent…The most important and biggest part of my life.